A few days back I made these savoury egg muffins by pouring scrambled eggs into a muffin tray and voila, love at first bite! The cheese slice was a last minute addition but without it, the dish would have fallen flat. It gives the muffin a salty, creamy delicious texture! You have to taste it to believe it!
The recipe also uses pasta sauce and thats another stroke of brilliance (*modestyDiesASlowDeath 😐 ). The vegetables, herbs and sauce change the texture saving the muffin from tasting too ‘eggy’, if you know what I mean! I used the pasta sauce from the pasta I made the night before. You can do that or even use the sauce directly from the bottle.
Easy Scrambled Egg Muffins
(Makes 6 small muffins)
3 Whole Eggs
2 tbs Milk
1 Cheese Slice
2 tbs Pasta Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven at 180deg
- Lightly whisk the eggs, milk and pasta sauce together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper as per taste
- Divide the mixture evenly into muffin cups or tray
- Tear the cheese slices into small pieces and put 3-4 pieces in each muffin cup filled with the egg mixture
- With a spoon push the cheese to the bottom of the cup
- Place the muffin tray into the oven and bake at 180deg for 20 minutes.
- Insert a knife in the muffins to make sure they are baked through (you might have to rotate the tray so that the ones in the front also cook properly). Bake for 5-6 minutes more if required.
- Cool them for 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin cups
- Serve them hot!
If you are worried about the cholesterol from eating 3 whole eggs in one sitting, you can relax. Only 15% of the cholesterol from your diet gets absorbed by the body and still this is only 3-5% of what the body actually needs. Cholesterol is actually not the bad guy, read more about it here. You can easily eat 3 whole eggs every day and much more!
More Healthy Recipes